Information For Teachers
This section is currently being developed and will consist of:
- a scrolling WW2 Timeline from 1938 (‘Peace in our time’) to the end of WW2 in 1945
- a stats graphic of the Normandy Campaign from D-1 to D+75 ( the end of the Campaign)
- brief outlines of selected veterans to illustrate Air, Sea and Land roles.
- pupil-friendly language, accompanied by explanations, visual images and audio link as the cursor goes over the text.
- the veteran’s wartime photo will then link pupils back to the original text
- an additional section to the website will be added entitled ‘Life in the North West 1939 – 45’. This will contain stories and video clips of spouses of veterans, many of whom were schoolchildren at the time.
In the links below you’ll find details of the pupils’ competitions.